Regular Academic Admission
The scholastic demands for admission to Langara could be met with just one or every one of the criteria that are following
- Effective conclusion of a BC additional system (Grade 12) or perhaps the comparable OR
- Be at the least 19 years old by the day that is very first of first semester of attendance OR
- Effective conclusion of an A.B.E. (Adult Basic Education) or G.E.D. (General Educational developing) system.
Current BC senior high school students whom plan to enter Langara in Fall would be graduating beneath the brand new BC school that is high system requirements. Candidates should pay attention to the changes that are following
Langara university continues to recognize courses finished beneath the old curriculum for admission and pre-requisite purposes*.
*Some senior high school courses may just be accepted for admission or pre-requisite purposes for a time period of either 3 or five years through the date of conclusion. Please check always specific system admission demands and program explanations for lots more information that is detailed.
Langara will only use the last blended grade for English 12 and its particular provincial exam. Please be aware that pupils finishing the Adult Graduation Program must write the exam that is provincial English 12 when they desire to make use of the program for admission or necessity purposes.
BC additional college students that are under 19 years old that will maybe perhaps perhaps maybe not graduate from additional college as they are lacking just one course and they are registered into the lacking program may make an application for conditional admission.
To be looked at for conditional admission, pupils must submit an Appeal for Admission and Readmission Form and make certain that the information that is following gotten by Registrar & Enrolment solutions:
- Pupils will need to have required a transcript through the StudentTranscripts provider to be provided for Langara AND their PEN must certanly be on file during the university. a formal ministry of education paper transcript needs to be submitted if grades aren’t gotten electronically.
- Pupils must submit an interim transcript of this program they are finishing having a grade with a minimum of 60%.
Pupils that have registered for Langara courses before their last school that is secondary arrive must complete the Appeal for Admission personal loans with no credit check Mississippi and Re-Admission type and submit the mandatory documents to be able to keep their program enrollment. Conditional Acceptance is restricted to your Fall Semester, this type and supporting paperwork needs to be gotten in Registrar & Enrolment Services before 31 july. Those pupils who possess perhaps perhaps maybe maybe not finished while having perhaps perhaps perhaps not been authorized for conditional admission shall be taken from any courses they will have registered for.
Secondary/Post-Secondary Concurrent Studies
BC additional pupils entering or presently in level 12 who’ve demonstrated educational quality may submit an application for restricted admission to university-transfer or available job courses while going to school that is secondary.
Enrolment should be on a three credits of research per semester. Admission will likely be authorized for a semester by semester basis until pupils have actually met level 12 graduation needs or reach the age of 19 years.
Pupils planning to use under this group of admission must submit:
- A finished Application for Admission kind, co-signed by a moms and dad or appropriate guardian ;
- A finished Appeal for Admission and Readmission kind;
- A page of help from their additional college principal or delegate; and
- An formal content of these last transcript of the level 11 12 months and a duplicate of every interim transcripts of the level 12 year.
Appeals for admission and re-admission are accepted at Registrar & Enrolment Services as much as seven days ahead of the very first day’s classes.
ADMISSION NOTE:Langara university struggles to guarantee enrollment in particular programs or courses whether or not pupils have already been issued admission. Successful enrollment can also be based mostly on obtaining the needed prerequisites for individual programs and/or courses.
Transfer guides and course sessions that are planning made to help pupils with program selection in university-transfer programs, can be found through the Counselling Department. Pupils transferring between institutions in British Columbia may make reference to the BC Transfer Guide.
Transfer to Langara University
For more information transfer that is regarding, please check out Transfer Credit.